Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Hate Drugs!

I hate drugs! I really do! Those whom have known me for many years would be surprised to hear this out of my mouth. I too, used to do drugs. Yep. In my late teens and early twenties I used think life was a party. I'd be smoking up and hitting the bars-partying till the dawn. Life was grand then. No worries and no responsibilities. It was all an illusion.

My illusion became a reality for those loved me. More like nightmare. My mother would pray that I would quit. My father wanted to throw me out of the house. They nearly divorced over my partying ways. So my father gave me an ultimatum-to get a job or get out. He meant business! I got a job and finally moved out.

After moving out, I quit partying and became a family man. I'm happier with myself now. The world seems clearer to me. I'm enjoying the smaller things in life now.

I'm watching my friend struggle with her son's addiction and it hurts me too. All I can do is provide emotional and spiritual support. I want to help more. I began to reflect what a fool I was back then. I wasn't just hurting myself, I was hurting others. Didn't realize it back then. I know now why.

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

The support you give me helps me through some of my toughest moments, knowing you care, knowing you are there for me. Thank you. I hate drugs too and did my share when I was young also. I am glad we both learned before they got the best of us.

drewzepmeister said...

Anytime you ever need me, Barbara, I will always be there:)

Austin0431 said...

I never wanna it ruins peoples life.

drewzepmeister said...

Austin, that is great to hear!