Monday, January 25, 2010

Jazmin

I was recently in a pet store with my son taking a look at the animals there. As I was handling the animals there, I was approached by a clerk, who remarked on well I handled them. She asked what kind of pets I had. Well, I had dogs, cats, rabbits, cockateils, canaries, finches, hamsters, and fish tanks. I had a zoo at one point...

Today I'm gonna talk about my rabbit, Jazmin. I got her years ago while looking around in pet shop. My then wife fell in love with this fuzzy lop. After some prodding and begging, I gave into buying this adorable hare.

Jazmin turned out to be a wonderful experience for us. When we let her out to play, she would have the run of the house. She would run around and jump up into air. Then she would find a spot beside you and snuggle up. Yes, she was litter trained!

Here's what I learned from Jazmin.

1) She doesn't like Ted Nugent (I wonder why...) One night she was she snuggled up next to me (Just like picture above) while I was listening to the Nuge through my headphones. I could hear the opening riffs of "Stranglehold" when the music cut off. She had chewed through the wires to my headphones as if to say....

2) Taking her out for a walk is NOT fun. Yes I did this... I read somewhere that you could rabbits out for a walk. Thinking it a cool idea, I went out and got a harness and leash for her. This is how it went...Jazmin SAT there and ate grass while I was holding a leash, looking stupid. THEN she bolts off without warning. I'm running behind behind her. She STOPS on the dime! I wait her again to finish eating grass. Then she bolts off again, in another direction! Repeated this process about five times, until she was hog tied and squealling to be freed. That was the first and last time I took a rabbit for a walk.

2 comments:

Perplexio said...

And then there was the time you took her to a restaurant and the waiter spilled soup on her...

"Waiter there's soup on my hare!"

;-) Sorry, couldn't resist.

drewzepmeister said...

LOL Perplexo!