Thursday, November 24, 2011

Packers Week #12 Turkeys and Touchdowns

My girlfriend had to work this morning, so I up ended with the task of making the turkey. Never made a turkey before, so this is a whole new experience for me. She did leave instructions on how to do it. So I think I'll manage... (I hope so)

Hours later, it's beginning to smell like Thanksgiving around here. The aroma of the turkey that is roasting in the oven is filling up my apartment sending pangs of hunger in my stomach. After spending time this morning stuffing an empty cavity of a deceased bird, I'm feeling hopeful. So far, so good...no smoke either...

The Green Bay Packers did route the Detroit Lions 27-15 this afternoon at the Ford Stadium. Here are my thoughts of the game...

The game was ugly and sloppy in the first half. A mostly defensive game filled with penalties.

In the second half, the Packers overcame their blunders and mental mistakes and stared playing real football. The Lions, however didn't.

Defensive back Ndamukong Suh of the Lions was ejected from the game for stepping on Evan Dietrich-Smith's arm in the third quarter. He could face a possible suspension.

Lions' Matthew Stafford threw three interceptions during the game. Hey, Aaron Rodgers only threw four during the ENTIRE season!

The Packers are 11-0 now. Still undefeated for the first time in franchise history...

More on the game here.

I hope everybody out there that is reading this is having a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you all!


No comments: