Sunday, March 4, 2012

Upcoming Shows Announced!

It's early March and some interesting acts are coming up my way already, which is a surprise seeing about mid April tours start to fill up. Here are a few shows that have gotten my interest...

Coming July 1st the Beach Boys are having their 50th Anniversary Tour with a stop at Summerfest's Marcus Amphitheater. It was announced that Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks would reunite for a new album and tour. It ought to be a show, except for the fact that I am not die hard Beach Boy fan.

Jam band Phish is coming to Alpine Valley in East Troy ( that's about 45 minutes from here) for two dates, June 30th and July 1st. I can really get into Phish, I think Trey Anastasio has got some smoking guitar work and the rest of the band has got a vibe that I can really dig. With the exception of the Allman Brothers I have never seen a jam band perform in this grand of a scale. This should be an incredible experience.

As some of you may know already, Iron Maiden with special guest Alice Cooper is making an appearance at the Marcus at Summerfest on July 4th. I really, really dug the hell out of Iron Maiden back in the late 80's and early 90's. Bruce Dickinson has got some of the best pipes in the rock and roll biz. The searing ax threat of guitarists Dave Murray and Adrian Smith combined with the thunder of bassist Steve Harris blew away many heavy metal acts back in the day. Reunited and reloaded, I hear they put out a good show. The only issue is my girlfriend isn't to keen on heavy metal, all though she does like Alice Cooper.

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks have announced their Heart & Soul tour with a stop at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Should be interesting to see them two perform together. I really dig Rod Stewart's work in the Faces and Stevie Nicks stuff in Fleetwood Mac. On top of that my girlfriend is really keen on this show. The main issue is the ticket prices, ranging from $135-$600 a ticket! I say that is pretty steep.

How ever I did order for tickets for one of these shows and I am really stoked about it. Care to take a gander on which show that is? The answer will be revealed when the tickets arrive in the mail.

No comments: