Friday, May 20, 2016

Seriously....

 I wrote this post for the JTI back in March of 2016...

There is nothing like serenity for tired eyes, especially in the mornings. Aside from a little bit of traffic, the country roads at 5:30 A.M. are usually quiet and peaceful. Therefore, going to work at this hour can be a blessing. Sometimes it's a curse.

Recently, it was a curse....

I'm driving down this serene back road, alone and radio is on to keep me company. The moon glow is beautiful on these darkened streets. There is nobody around for miles! Nothing to worry about except for an occasional critter. I'm in my peaceful world....

About a third of the way to work, I see something that resembled a small star behind me in my rear view mirror. (Mind you, I drive a car similar to a PT Cruiser)  Nothing to worry about, yet. Seconds later, lights flood the interior of my car, blinding me! What is this thing? An amusement park ride? A U.F.O.? A spaceship? Is E.T. on board? Am I going to be abducted? Should I worry? You guessed it, it is a 4 x 4 SUV of some model with luminous headlamps, fog lights, cab lights and a disco ball.

"Go around", I thought. Minutes later, it's still kissing my exhaust pipe. The temperature is rising. My corneas are slowing burning... I'm fumbling around a glove compartment for sunglasses. Maybe, I'll find some sunscreen. WHY!

I get to a corner to make a left hand turn. Can't see a thing, because of this blinding white light. Am I going to be interrogated? Is there a baseball bat to bust out some lights?  Well. I have to make the turn. Going for broke, I gunned the car and made the turn, barely. At least, I lost whatever that was....

As I was making a sigh of relief, this supernova reappeared in the rear view, again! "Seriously!" I screamed. Time get some distance between me and this yahoo...so, I floored the gas. 60, 65, 70 mph (in a 50 zone) and Captain Kirk is still right behind me!

I get about two blocks from work and the lights disappear. The Enterprise has changed is course, assuming to dock its work at the Death Star. Its a peaceful ride from here.

I'm still seeing spots......

2 comments:

TAD said...

Yeezus, Drew -- Yeah, I had this kinda thing happen on my way home from work at 1 a.m. a few years back. Came outta nowhere screamin fast and I couldn't see shit in front of me cos the lights were so freakin bright. So I pulled over and let him pass. And he was gone in 5 seconds. I like to think there was a wreck waiting out there with his name on it....

Anton73 said...

Все ставки на спортивные события, лучший рейтинг букмекерских контор легальных в России: https://bookmaker.azart.net/licenziya-rossiya.html. Прогнозы в букмекерах, программы для ставок и так далее.