Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow morning, I'm heading off to the desolate wonderland of Northern Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. There, I'll bask in the glow of family, friends and loved ones. Enjoying a splendid meal of turkey and the trimmings-maybe I'll burp out a chair or two.... Anyways, this year promises to better holiday than last. Why? I have so much more to thank for....Let me count the ways...

My job-I know I sometimes I whine, bitch and moan about my job. Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm overworked and underpaid.Yet, I'm thankful for having a decent job that pays the bills with a couple of bucks to spare for a moment or two for a luxury or two. There are people out there that are unemployed.

My car-It may be a battered piece of junk that is held together by two bolts, a nut, a wad of bubblegum and a roll of duct tape, yet it gets me to points A and B quite effectively. And it's paid for!

My music-Nothing soothes the savage beast in me better than music. It's the window to my soul...There is nothing better than after a hard day's work than a beer and some great tunes!

This computer-My gateway to the world...

My friends-Both online and off....What would my world be without my friends? Absolutely dismal! I'm forever thankful for those whom has lent me an ear or a hand in times in need. The smiles, laughter and joy in time of fun!

My family-Where would I be without my family? I would hate to find out...

My girlfriend-She's something else! She has rolled up her sleeves and dug into this relationship without any questions nor any second thoughts. Somehow, someway she has managed to keep me in stitches. Her charm, wit and laughter has brought brought a smile and peace in my heart that I've been longing for....

No comments: