Saturday, November 6, 2010

Preparing for Hiberation....

It was a balmy 43 degrees outside today. I could feel the cold wind biting my skin through my winter jacket. Looking around, I see squirrels digging holes in the ground storing walnuts for the upcoming winter months. There was this flock of geese flying overheard in V-formation. The trees are getting bare-stripped of their leaves. All classic signs of autumn's end.

Much as I hate to admit it, I'm not looking forward to what's around the corner. Winter. The land of ice and snow. Yes, the sub-zero temperatures, the howling blizzards and perilous drives in the snow. I hate the cold and the boredom of being cooped up inside.

As I'm writing this, I'm getting snow tires on my car, putting my concert T-shirts away and donning on my Packer sweat shirts. I'm going into hibernation....




The 6th Street Bridge over the Root River in Racine...

No comments: