Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Call it the Bargain...

Summer's practically here and my girlfriend and I already hit the rummages sales and the thrift shops. I'm kinda like my friend, Crabb, who like to out and look for music dirt cheap. Hey, much of my music COMES from rummage sales and thrift shops. In the past couple of weeks, I've come home with a quite a bit of stuff! Here's a sample of what I've gotten.

Asia Phoenix
Autograph Sign in Please
Babys Anthology
Blues Traveler North Hollywood Shootout
Meredith Brooks Blurring the Edges
Cult Ceremony
Donovan Barabajal
Feet of Clay (s/t) (local band)
Heaven & Hell The Devil You Know
Honeymoon Suite The Big Prize
Billy Joel 52nd Street
Billy Joel The Stranger
John Cougar Mellencamp Big Daddy
Van Morrison Moondance
Van Morrison The Best of Van Morrison
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Mojo
Pure Prairie League Bustin' Out
Soul Asylum Let Your Dim Light Shine
Steely Dan A Decade of Steely Dan
Toto (s/t)
XTC Oranges and Lemons
Yes Yesyears (box set)

The biggest "steal" I got was the Garth Brooks' The Limited Series box set for my girlfriend. A six disc limited edition box set (perfect condition) for five bucks.

This doesn't include the numerous upgrades I've got as well... Think I've got enough music? You're right...Nah.....

3 comments:

R S Crabb said...

Oh heck no Drew, one can never have enough cheap CDs or LPs. Managed to snag Professor Longhair Catfish Fiesta, Kinky Friedman Sold American and Status Quo 12 Gold Bars for 2 bucks each this afternoon. I bought the Asia Phoenix new and think I only played it once. Still bargains are bargains! ;)

Tender Heart Bear said...

The best way to get your music these days is at rummage sales. With the way prices keep going up. It is getting to expensive to buy CD's and Vynal at the stores.

drewzepmeister said...

Crabb-Great minds huh? Picked CCR's Live in Europe on cassette on the way home from work for 50 cents.

Tender Heart-I couldn't agree more....