Monday, September 5, 2011

Didn't Go...

Last night, I was supposed to go see the Doobie Brothers at the Walworth County Fair in Elkhorn. Well, didn't go. My girlfriend and I were called away to Shawano Saturday afternoon to witness the birth of her first grandchild. We didn't get home until Sunday evening about 45 minutes prior to the show. With the weather being drizzling, cold and icky and the possibility of getting caught in the traffic situations dealing with Pearl Jam's show at nearby Alpine Valley were deciding factors in not going. Would of been nice though. The Doobie Brothers latest album, World Gone Crazy is their best piece of work since their 70's heyday of Takin' it to the Streets and Minute by Minute. Their recent setlists included classic tunes like "Black Water", "China Groove", "Listen to the Music" and "Rockin' Down the Highway" as well tunes from their recent album.

I've must of been in a dark closet during the last couple of months. About four days ago, I just learned that one of my favorite bands, Pearl Jam was kicking off a leg of their PJ20 Tour at nearby Alpine Valley last night and the night before. This is one band I've always wanted to see live! Their energetic shows and ever changing setlists are the some the reasons I want to go. To make these shows more for worth craving for were the appearances of Chris Cornell from Soundgarden, Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age along with members of Mudhoney and the Strokes. Just to hear Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder jam together doing Temple of the Dog classics would definitely have been a treat! Top top it all...$50 lawn seats!

Was it worth it not going? Yes! My girlfriend's first grandchild was born 1:35 Sunday morning. A girl. 7 pounds 4 ounces. A real cutie pie....

No comments: