Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Just the other day the Rock and Roll of Hall of Fame announced their nominees for their 2012 class. Not a bad selection, but it can be better.....

The nominees are..

Beastie Boys-No, I don't think so...if there were a Hip Hop Hall of Fame elsewhere, by all means go for it...

The Cure-Not a fan of these guys, I guess I can see the gothic new wave influences. It it really enough for these guys the make it in?

Donovan-I recently picked an album, Barajabal, from him and I thought it was pretty good. I can see the folkish influences.

Eric B.and Rakim- Never heard of them.

Guns n' Roses-Most definitely! Appetite for Destruction is a classic... Guns n' Roses brought back the raunchy bad boy image of Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones and blended it with heavy metal with a middle finger to the world.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- Hmmmm. I think the Runaways would be a better idea for R&RHoF.

Heart-Definitely! Forging the way for women in hard rock without sounding like crap.

Freddy King-Any blues great guitar player has my nod for the Hall of Fame.

Laura Nyro-Heard of her by name only, so therefore, I don't have an opinion on her.

Red Hot Chili Peppers-OK...I'm not a big fan of these guys either. I'll admit they are a bit different than many bands out there. Something tells me they'll make it in weather they deserve if or not.

Rufus and Chaka Khan-Is there a Disco Hall of Fame anywhere?

The Small Faces/Faces-Personally I think A Nod is Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse is a classic album. The Faces are largely responsible for bringing straight forward raunchy bar blues rock to the table.

The Spinners-Motown sound from the 60's and 70's. Very respectable...

Donna Summer-Now where was the Disco Hall of Fame?

War-OK, "Low Rider" was a hit for them and Eric Burden from the Animals was their singer. Do they have what it takes to make it in?

My picks would be Guns n'Roses, Heart, Donovan, Freddie King, The Small Faces/Faces

No comments: