Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The End for the Racine Post

As I was going though my JTI blog, I was shocked to find out that one my favorite reads, the Racine Post is going "off the air". I've always liked the Racine Post their coverage on local events and their inside look on Racine's political scene. The stuff that isn't covered too well in the The Journal Times. Local bloggers Dustin Block and Pete Selkowe (I have met them both) founded the site in 2007. Ever since their beginnings, they have maintained a "real" approach to the local news without all the sensationalism, thus keeping their integrity. Within three years they have gotten to be well respected media site.

Dustin has accepted a great job as a regional editor for Patch, AOL's ambitious $50 million effort to establish hundreds of local news websites around the country.

I wish the best of luck to Dustin....

More on the story here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Hmmm. I guess that leaves an open market for a decent Racine news site...too bad I am terrible at being impartial LOL :)

Good luck to Dustin!!!

drewzepmeister said...

Heather! What a surprise to see you here! With some luck, maybe Pete would join forces somebody like me and start Racine Post 2! Eh, what am I'm saying? I don't know shit about politics!