Saturday, August 1, 2009

Local Bands


Going to a major concert can be real expensive and sometimes a hassle. Spending an arm and leg to travel a couple of hours to hear some live music. With the local scene, it can be in your backyard for a minimal cover charge or free! These are some of many reasons why I like to support the local scene.

One my favorite local bands is Mean Jake. They play a hard edged blues rock that you can dance to. They can rock your world with tunes like Van Morrison's Gloria, CCR's Suzi Q, Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire and my personal fave - a blistering version of Sympathy for the Devil by the Stones. These guys are no frills and all rock.

So what local bands you support and why?

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

I don't follow any local bands at the moment, but I sure wish I did. I used to love the local music scene when I lived in Laguna Beach. There are these two guys I would love you to hear named Jasso and Garcia who are AWESOME guitarists.

drewzepmeister said...

Barbara-I would to love to hear them guys!

happy hippy chick said...

We no longer like to partake in the "bands" at north beach, ever since Gary from Garys music center took over the muis there. Who wants to see him and hear his wife and her no singing ass on a Sunday? it may be free, but you couldnt pay me to go down and hear them. YUCK!!! I miss the Pee Wee Hayes and Delta Hog Days... Now those are bands I would go see there!!!!!!!!

drewzepmeister said...

Sorry to hear about that HHC, to be honest, I haven't seen much of them these days.