Monday, August 10, 2009

Some Rambling Thoughts on Fear

I had a conversation with a friend, recently that got me thinking. We never finished this conversation, but since then, I began analyzing it a little. Fear. We all have our fears, phobias, and other things that we are unsure about. As I was thinking about it, I had more questions than answers. Here is what I came up with.

Can our certain fears keep us from being happy and just being content with ourselves?
Can our fears make us take the easy way out?
Are we really happy out just content with the situation?
How do we overcome our fears?

There is no easy answer to these questions, just some provoking thoughts.

The fear of being uncertain can drive us from happiness. Is it that a reason why we are often content with our boring lives? All I know is, bigger the risk, the greater the rewards are and comes with it a bigger loss. Can we tear down the wall?

3 comments:

HLiza said...

Maybe I'm too positive or ignorant..but I refuse to be worried about uncertain things most of the time. Life to me is too short to be filled with worries and fear. I hope you'll just wish for the best and trust yourself to face whatever may come, good or bad.

drewzepmeister said...

Liza- these thoughts are not really about me, but I was analyzing a situation as a whole.

happy hippy chick said...

Like the sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives..................