Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fifth of July!

I know the title sounds strange, but here in Racine, it's the truth! Because the forth landed on a Sunday, the city celebrated it's festivities on the fifth. Heaven forbid if religious ceremonies got in the way....

Anyways, not wanting to put up with the large crowds, I decided to stay close to home this year. I already had more than of enough of crowds and traffic after dealing with two days of Summerfest. So, we went to the zoo. Enough though the Racine Zoo is not as impressive as Milwaukee Zoo or even the San Diego Zoo, it's a work in progress. The price of admission is only six bucks per person. I know it's cheap, but a few years ago it was free. Oh well...


After a quick dinner, we went to watch the fireworks at near by Shoop Park. I wanted to avoid the crowds at the beach. The night was pleasant as we sat on the pier watching the waves. Saw fireflies doing their night watch... A wonderful way to end my two week vacation...


Tomorrow, it's back to reality....bummer....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the title just sounds like something you would say. The pictures and the review turned out real good like always. The way you write that is you. I really like it.