Monday, February 22, 2010

Counting Crows

Sorry that I haven't been blogging so much lately. I been having some personal issues dealing with a horrible tragedy within my family that happened over the weekend. When tragedy strikes, I tend to think about about situations as a whole. Many things crossed my mind-relationships, justice, the truth, and many other things....

Thank God for a special friend of mine who listens. This person has got me into a Counting Crows frame of mind. So today, I've been playing my Live from Chicago 7/4/2004 tape and it brought back some great memories. Memories of a much simpler and happier time.

I wasn't planning to do review on this show, but I'll tell you, it's one of my better concerts in my collection! I remember recording this concert on a chilly October night when my stereo wouldn't pick up the reception on the broadcast. So I set up my boombox outside by the garage and stuck a blank tape in. The results were MUCH better expected! Not only I was chilled to the bone and buzzed with beer, I walked away with a killer recording! The improvisions were awesome! It may have been a rebroadcast, but it was worth it!

Years later, I was telling my special friend about this show and I played it. We shared our special moment together. I'll never forget it.....

To my special friend, THANK YOU!!!



: Rain King* > Raining in Baltimore* > Rain King*, Mrs. Potter's Lullaby, Mr. Jones, Big Yellow Taxi, Daylight Fading, Accidentally In Love, Four White Stallions, Omaha, Miami, Anna Begins, A Long December, Hard Candy, Sullivan Street, Hanginaround^, E: Holiday In Spain